chocolate post – cheesecake & cookies
So, during my food tech lesson, i made cheescakes with different types of chocolate. it’s a coursework project…
what they looked like before baking. too busy w/ taste testing afterwards, no pics of the finished product 😦
for 4 small ones, or one large (maybe a 17cm tin?).
100g digestives, crushed
45g butter, melted
20g sliced almonds
250g cream cheese
75g chocolate, melted
2 large eggs
100g sour cream
100g whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Mix together base ingredients and press into tin(s). Bake for 10mins and set aside (leave oven on)
2. Whip whipping cream.
3. Beat sugar and cream cheese together until light and smooth. Add chocolate and blend well.
4. Add the eggs in one at a time and cream until combined. Add sour cream and beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream until incorporated.
6. Pour filling into tins, bake in a water bath at 160 C for 30-35 mins or until just set. Switch off oven and remove water bath, leaving the cakes in the oven with door slightly open for 10mins.
7. Remove cake from oven and cool.
You can also use fruit in the recipe, just place them on the base before pouring in the cheese filling. If using white chocolate, you can add some lemon juice to give it more flavour. I personally found that bittersweet was the best, but if you want to use fruit i think semi sweet will be better.
double chocolate cookies
you can see the burnt edges 😦
recipe adapted from here. i didn’t use milk choc as i didn’t have any on hand, so they’re double choc instead of triple choc hehe.
pinky is wearing an apron and oven gloves!
i must admit that i’m a complete n00b when it comes to making cookies: either they’re too hard or burnt, too cripsy or too chewy…this time it was burnt AND hard 😦 my first batch came out nearly inedible, cus i think my oven is too hot and i put huge dollops of mixture, so they spread out unevenly and the thinner bits got burnt. second batch was much much better – despite being a bit burnt around the edges, it was just chewy enough tasted good overall. the only thing i’m complaining about is that there’s too much white choc – made it too sweet. i wish my cookies would be as good as mariya’s!